Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day one, gone

The first few days of any diet are always the easiest for me... I'm super motivated, I usually have found a new website to play with (ahem, www.sparkpeople.com) and I can stay on track. So yesterday was pretty easy. I tracked everything I ate, stayed within my limits, and exercised. Oh, and can I just say that I love that riding counts as exercise? It's so much more fun than the gym, even though I know it's not nearly as good of a workout (i.e. I'm not sore the next day, and normally I don't get as winded while riding as I do on a treadmill/eliptical). BUT, it still counts, and on the little Smirk pony, it's more of a core workout than riding most horses! So my 2-3 rides a week definitely count as workout time.

The one goal I did not achieve yesterday was getting in all of my water. I planned a little better for that today, and brought an extra water bottle with me to work. I plan to drink one bottle during lab meeting and at least one more during the afternoon. I'll try to fit in an extra this evening -- after I hit up the gym! I'll be meeting the hubby at the gym after I teach this afternoon, and the plan is to do some lifting and cardio.

My challenge for tomorrow is that we are going out to dinner, to Outback. I LOVE Outback (well, steakhouses in general).  In prep for this, I am going to plan out my meal in advance, look at their menu online and choose something healthy -- and then hold myself to it.

For now, I'm headed back to my morning tea (peppermint tea with splenda -- no caffeine, no calories!). Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment