Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Over the river and through the woods...

To Grandmother's house we go! We're off for a family vacation this week, to the Grange Fair and home to visit family, and I am anticipating the challenges that will arise. (Well, technically, we're already here, but we JUST got here, Adi is down for the night, and Jared ran to the store to stock up on some things).

This is a whole new kind of challenge for me. Luckily, I have a few things on my side.

First, we're staying with my in-laws who are incredibly supportive (all of our family is), so there are no weird looks when I request "odd" things to eat. Or when I'm eating cauliflower and eggs for breakfast. :)

Second, is that I can control what I eat and when. We're not on a tight schedule, and for the most part, I have a good amount of control over what we eat. We will be visiting the Fair, and I do expect that some of the things I eat there will not be Whole30. Okay, so nothing there other than the possible fruit salad is going to be Whole30, I'm pretty sure. BUT, I am going armed with the knowledge (of food and myself) to make good decisions. I do not intend to blow the last 30+ days of healthy eating in one week. To keep myself on track, I weighed in this morning before we left and I will weigh in again when we get home. I will not accept a gain! Vacation is not a reason to gain weight back! Jared just ran to the store. On his shopping list? Seltzer water (a must for me), eggs, frozen veggies, sweet potatoes, fruit, and coconut milk for morning coffee.

Third, I have lots of opportunities to get in exercise. I am planning a run tomorrow, a walk with my mom on Friday, another run on Saturday and hopefully another run on Sunday or Monday (if not both!!! I'm giddy just at the thought!). There will also be lots of walking around the fair (it's HUGE).

I also did a lot better planning for the trip down and will do the same for the trip back. I packed  dinner for Adi and me; Jared got a sandwich along the way. This meant that I was wholly compliant on the way down and can be on the way home as well. Score one for the team.

I'm excited for time with family and friends away from work for a few days. It's time to recharge before the fall semester gets into full swing (I have a lot of traveling in the next few months)!

No comments:

Post a Comment