Monday, July 15, 2013

Day one, done!

 
Day one, done! (well, it will be in about two hours).
 
Today was easier and harder than I expected. In some ways, it was really easy to eat on program - we cooked up some yummy food today! But, it was really difficult to eat breakfast. Breakfast is tough for me and always has been. I rarely eat it, and it's usually something small. So the idea of lots of protein and veggies was a little hard for me, and I'll be honest, it was tough to eat my egg muffins. They were good (I tasted them the night before when I made them), but it was hard to get them down. Eating a few grapes helped (something with the sweetness, maybe?).
 
But it was fun to eat breakfast with Adi; normally I just hang out while she eats. It never occurred to me until this morning that me sitting there not eating may eventually have negative effects on Adi's perception of food and eating.
 
Another thing that was hard was packing Adi's lunch for tomorrow. I didn't realize how much I snacked on what I was packing her while I was getting things together. I consciously had to not lick spoons or take bites of things while I was packing.
 
So what did I eat? Breakfast was two egg muffins and some grapes, a banana mid morning; lunch was a large salad with chicken, avocado, tomato, olives and almond slivers (balsamic vinegar/olive oil for dressing); and dinner was ginger chicken and green beans (Jared found this recipe, not sure where. It's steamed green beans + ghee + lemon juice + slivered almonds). Everything was super yummy!
 

1 comment:

  1. have you tried toasting your almond slivers? I do it on the stovetop - don't add anything, just use a non stick pan on medium and toss them around for awhile. really releases some nice flavors that then combine with veggies well. :)

    ReplyDelete