Sunday, September 1, 2013

Oh, hello 130's...

Haven't seen you, in, oh, 10 YEARS. Holy cow. Got on the scale this morning and may have squealed just a little bit (no lie, Jared came running into the bedroom).  What was looking back at me? 139.8 lb. Yeah, I know it's close to 140. Like, really close.  But seriously, I haven't seen the 130's since college, and I graduated in 2003...  So how did this happen? Well, I did lose some weight during vacation (1 lb gone, yay!) which was huge mentally and probably due, in no small part, to the fact that I ran almost every day we were there.  I've been running here, too (more on that in a minute), prepping for a 5K in October. And I did get on the scale right after my morning run, but that's when I weigh in each week, so I don't think the loss is ALL water weight. But honestly, I'm just so much more motivated to keep going. Because I can do this!

So about my running... I had been running on my own, but when I started to struggle to find the time during the day, I decided that it was going to have to happen right after work/before dinner. Which meant I would have Adi with me. Our stroller is not a true jogging stroller; it's a Baby Jogger City Mini, which is fabulous for folding up easily, being light, and going normal places but jogging with it was tough. The wheels are small and hard plastic, not rubber, which means a lot of added resistance. When we got back to CT, I borrowed a friend's BOB to try for a run, and holy cow. Amazeballs. Seriously. I think I would have started running with Adi a lot earlier if I had a BOB. But these are freakishly expensive and I'm way too cheap to buy one new. So what's a girl to do but hit up craigslist? And low and behold, a BOB Revolution for sale in North Haven, just about an hour from us. And guess who went to West Haven yesterday to watch football with family? Oh right, us. Do you see where this is going? I've got a brand new jogging stroller that I'm just itching to get out and run with. Tomorrow will be her maiden voyage, as long as it doesn't rain!

Some random yummy food shots:
Lunch one day this week: Jared pan fried some chicken in bacon drippings (yummy), finished heating in the microwave at work, with some broccoli/cauliflower and a fruit salad of cantaloupe and coconut flakes.
 
This is what breakfast looks like most mornings: eggs (fried or scrambled) with veggies and maybe a banana. These veggies were broccoli, green beans and onions - supposedly a stir fry mix. They weren't my favorite because the onions turned out to be really strong. The idea was good, but this particular mix wasn't great. I've also been having sugar snap peas, green beans, broccoli, and cauliflower, depending on what bag of frozenness I pull out of the freezer. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Congrats on the scale reading :) And on preparing for the 5K. I see Jared and Annie have taken to running also. You are truly making this a whole family adventure and that's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barb! I'm proud of Jared for deciding to do this with me!

      Delete