Monday, December 30, 2013

21 Day Challenge Wrap Up

Well, I finished the 21 day challenge with Nate (remember me complaining about being sore?) And the results? Well, they're good! First, my nutrition was good - I essentially did a Whole21 + a few days.  The challenge started on Dec 2nd and technically finished on Dec 22, although Nate was kind enough to provide us with workouts and accountability for Christmas week as well. I stayed on plan through the 21 days, but then slid a bit while we were in PA for Christmas. Not ideal, but I know now that I can get everything back under control. It really hit home that I feel SO. MUCH. BETTER. when I eat right.

 
 
As for my fitness, holy cow. It has been a REALLY long time since I've been so sore. My arms were sore, my abs were sore, my legs were sore. EVERYTHING was sore. It was awesome. :)  And my measurements showed that I lost inches on my waist, thighs, and hips, and two pounds overall. Not bad for three weeks of work!  So what's next? I just ordered the P90X3 DVDs and will be participating in a 90 day challenge for the late winter/early spring. Why? Because I need accountability. And because I need to have some form of stress relief. And because I want to be fit. Not just skinny. But truly fit. The fitter I am, the better runner I will be. The better rider I will be. The better mama I'll be. And the better wife I'll be. The better ME I'll be. And that's what I'm after. 

No comments:

Post a Comment