Sunday, November 10, 2013

Oh, hello, headache....

Ah, yes. That familiar 'sugar dragon wants to make your head explode' headache. Coupled with grumpiness. Welcome to the sugar detox part of day 2. Not a long post (I have a headache, wah!) but just dropping in for a few comments.

1. I survived church lunch. I ate on plan. Jared actually filled my plate while I filled Munchie's so I had salad, pulled pork (that we made) and some sauerkraut and sausage. I took a banana with me for "dessert" and also had a cutie (small orange/tangerine/what are those things, really!?!?).  It is possible that there was some sugar or other banned substance in the sauerkraut/sausage, but I'm okay with that. This Whole 30 is about getting myself feeling better and in control again. Today, I was in control.

2. I didn't gain as much in my off-roading the last few weeks as I thought. Stepped on the scale yesterday morning and was 141.8 lb. Not bad, considering at the end of my first W30 (8/15) I weighed 141.4 lb and the lowest I've been since then (9/1) is 139.8 lb. BUT, still not great, right? I really feel like 135 (maybe 130?) is where I should be to be healthy.

3.Jared ordered me a copy of Well Fed 2 and it's great. Now I really want the first one, too. I've got a few recipes from it on the menu this week (although I couldn't convince him to try the Crispy Chicken Livers this week...). I'll let you know how they are!

4. I've also found that as the weather changes, I'm having a hard time feeling satisfied with (or wanting) salads and cold lunches. I want soups, stews, and warm, chunky things. Fall and winter foods. Since I had a few big squash sitting in my kitchen, I attempted this Squash Soup. Of course, I didn't have butternut squash, I used the winter squash we grew (and cut from the vine before moving!). It's yummy, but fairly heavy - I'm going to have to ration it a bit (some is already in the freezer for later). 

K. That's it. That's all I've got tonight. I'm going to take my headache and sulk for awhile before bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment